Thursday, June 14, 2012

Validation

An interesting thing happened at the gym today that helped to validate the last 6 months of hard work I've done there. As some of you who read this blog may remember, the woman who won our club's biggest loser was taking pregnancy hormone injections, doing huge amounts of cardio and sweating out her excess fluids in the sauna. She ended up losing 29% of her body weight or something like that. Anyway, today I was alone in the "ball room". It has a bunch of those huge exercise balls and other things as well as a back door to the club. She came up to the glass and asked me to let her in. She showed me her key tag, but I said, "I know who you are," and smiled. She hurriedly told me, "Yes, I won the biggest loser last time, but I've gained it all back and I don't want the people at the front desk to see." I was speechless and she rushed past and went into the locker room.

OK, I will admit, keeping the weight off is tough and I also but back on a few pounds after the results last round, but ALL OF IT? She lost 47 pounds! She needs some muscles:)

sauna-in-bathroom-heater-sideI know that changing my body is the result of changing my life, my habits and my thinking. I know that gaining muscle and eating right are the keys to my success, as well as sweating on a daily basis (and NOT just in the sauna). I hope that this woman is able to make some life changes. I guess the good news is that she took the first step to come to the gym rather than just quiting.

No comments: