Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting Stronger...

I have the theme song from Rocky running through my head. I worked out with my trainer today and "just for fun" he said we would try some moves that we tried together when I first started with him and couldn't do, or at least couldn't do well or for long. One is a side plank crunch as demonstrated here by Jillian Michaels.
I'm sure I look just like this, ha ha! But, back in December, I wasn't even able to get into the side plank, much less do the crunches...today I did two sets on each side!

This is a typical plank. Look at the serene look on her face...my face does not look like this is plank position and I am grateful every day that I do not have a camera following me around. Surprisingly (or not), I had never done one before working out with JC. I was able to hold one in December for about 5 seconds. Today I did four sets of 30 seconds each followed by side knee raises in the plank position. Killer!

We also upped the weight on squat/curl/presses and tricep/bicep curls. I also surprised him with my form and reps with push-ups. He said, "How long have you been able to do that?"

It was fun to see JC's enthusiasm and made me feel strong and happy. Maybe, someday I can look like the women in these pics, or at least a little closer. I'll practice my serene plank face...