Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Brody Book

It's been so long since I've blogged. I'm not sure why. I guess nothing felt really blog-worthy? Now that I think about it there are a lot of things, but life got in the way. Well, I'm here today!

On November 1st my niece Kylee gave birth to my great-nephew Brody. He's perfect! I got to hold him at Thanksgiving and it was amazing to have a little bundle in my arms. (No, mom, not THAT amazing...)

Anyway, I decided I wanted to make Brody a gift for Christmas and was inspired by the felt we used in the sewing class I taught at Wyatt's school. The kids were really into making all sorts of things out of felt. Also around this time I was concerned about some of the kids at preschool not knowing the letters of their name and I decided a name letter book would be perfect. I looked online for some ideas and came up with the rest myself. What emerged is the 100% hand-cut, hand-sewn  Brody Book. I love it. I've been told I should sell them on etsy, but since each page took 2-4 hours, I'm not sure how cost effective it would be. My second niece is now engaged, so I guess I will make these books a labor of love for all my forth-coming great-nieces and great-nephews. That is until my eye-sight gives or my hand is gnarled with arthritis!


 










And my adorable great-nephew reading his book!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Tracy, it's beautiful! I know that that is a real labor of love.