Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goal Check-in

In my first biggest loser post I listed 6 goals. I thought it would be good to check in with those as I head into the next two weeks.

Goal 1) Lose 50 pounds in 91 days.

I’m on my way! My average at each weigh-in needs to be 8.33333 to hit this goal. One thing I would like to change about the first two weeks is not weighing myself so much. I stressed myself out with this last week and I think it would be better just to stay on plan and weigh myself once a week. Let’s see if I can do it!

Goal 2) Use the Yoli Better Body System daily for 91 days www.yoli.com

Yoli is a company my brother and his partners started to promote health and well-being. This fall they launched their Better Body System. The system is a complete way to lose weight and get healthy. I have rarely found a meal replacement shake that I can tolerate, but I have found the Y.E.S. shakes mixed with 5 ounces of non-fat milk and 5 ounces of unsweetened almond milk to be quite good, especially the vanilla. I do have to take an occasional break because the Stevia sweetener gets to me after a while. So far though, I attribute a great deal of my weight-loss to the BBS plan.




Here's the plan that I stuck to pretty closely in the first two weeks. I had a bit of a rough start getting off the carbs, but now I really have to remind myself when it's time to eat and make sure I'm taking in enough calories! I also do some fruit, especially when I know I have a big workout that day. Occassionally I will crave something sweet, but it's usually in the evening and is just an old habit rather than being hungry. I had one sugar free dark chocolate jello pudding when I just couldn't stand it anymore! I had to take a picture of my book so it didn't turn out. To take a better look download the pdf. http://yoli.com/images/YoliBetterBodySystem.pdf

Goal 3) Take Yoli and dotFit supplements for 91 days.
I have a big plastic container to separate all my meds and supplements and so far I’ve remembered to take them (usually) at the right time. I feel like an old person when I fill it up each week, but it helps me remember...

Goal 4) Train with J.C. once a week and do resistance one more time each week on my own or with a partner and 2 boot camps twice a month...YIKES!

This is an area that I am being challenged in because J.C. is working me harder than before. I am grateful for that, because I would never know I could do that much on my own. Also, he increased our group boot camp sessions to weekly…not sure how I feel about that yet.

Goal 5) Do 180 minutes of cardio per week

I rocked this area. I love spinning and also did other cardio workouts over the weeks. I think I worked out every day for 2 weeks, some with less intensity, but that is still great for me.

Goal 6) Stretch and meditate daily for 91 days
I definitely stretch multiple times a day and especially after a workout. The meditation is one thing I kind of let go a bit. I have some mp3 guided meditations on my iPhone and love to listen to them before bed. I’ve been pretty tired at night and also trying to keep up with other aspects of my life, so sometimes I slip. I know I feel more relaxed and stress-free when I do it.

Finally, here are the “rankings” list from my gym from last night. I’m really happy that I made the top 10 out of about 130 people! Off to week three!

1 comment:

Luka said...

Wow! Tracy I am so impressed with your determination. Very inspiring! Keep it up. I'm rooting for you. - Kandice